Weblogs & Their Uses
In science class, students seem to hate to write with a pencil and paper, but give them a computer and they will type their thoughts and responses without a problem. I agree that using blogs can potentially increase students’ ability to think critically and enhance sharing through “writing.” Students often do very well communicating their knowledge orally, but we seem to be losing them when it comes to writing. I think typing is the way back! After all unless they are skyping or podcasting, the only way to get their thoughts out using a Weblog is to type them!
I already have a teacher webpage, which I use as a class
portal. However, I plan on linking blogs
that I create for specific areas of study to my class portal. I love the idea of having my students create
a guide to….. I am also interested in
having students create their own blogs and use them throughout the year, but I
am not sure how to manage that with 142 students. Do you have any tips? Is there a way to link all the blogs
together? I am also thinking about
creating a “Today in class…” blog where students can reflect on what was done
in class and ask questions. Maybe I
could have a different class responsible for each day. This would allow parents to get a first-hand
look at what is happening in the classroom.
Wow, next year is going to be
awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment