Monday, April 16, 2012

Chapter 5: RSS


Linking it All Together


How cool, this answers most of my questions on management.  RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is another amazing and practical app!  I just added a number of blogs to my Google Reader account.  However, I have a few questions.  To start, do I have to log on to Google Reader in order to view the blogs I am following, or are they sent to me via email? I think this “personal information filter” is a great way to weed out the unnecessary information regarding a topic of interest.  It will save me time and we all know that time is money. 

I think integrating this feature into my classroom will be great for my students.  I think that as students do their year-long science fair projects, setting up an RSS feed for their topic could help them stay current with any research/ news articles on their topic.  Essentially all they need is a Google account, correct?    I am still unsure of how to link an RSS feed to my blog and wiki.  One step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment