Monday, April 16, 2012

Chapter 6: The Social Web

Linking....Pushed Me Over the Edge


Lifelong learning is what we want to instill in our students, so changing with the times is necessary, however Twitter makes me nervous because it is too wide open so to speak.  I am familiar with Edmodo, although I have not had my students log on yet.  I feel as though it is a bit more regulated which in turn is safer I visited the Westlake high School Twitter Page and it does seem like an easy way for people to update parents and students on what is going on at the school.  .  I don’t quite understand how Twitter can be used effectively in the classroom.

I have not felt overwhelmed, until now!  Bookmarking and creating tags just pushed me over the edge.  Diigo and Delicious are supposed to be used with an RSS feed, I think.  The overall premise of organizing your RSS feeds makes sense to me, just like books used to be organized using a card catalog eons ago.  I think I am going to create a web depicting all of these technologies in order for me to make sense of them as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment